The refined version of our BCN3D Epsilon Series printers supplies you with more power through brand-new features. You’ll find new aesthetics, upgraded electronics, XYZ auto-calibration, and local network access in our latest printers set for shipping.
BCN3D Technologies’ quintessential Epsilon Series has proved itself to be a top contender in the world of 3D printing solutions since it arrived on the market in 2020. Since then, innovators in corners of every industry have been able to get their hands on exceptionally strong functional parts with quality and precision. The defining vision for the Epsilon was accessibility for all; to deliver industrial power on your workbench or factory floor.
Milestones achieved by these 3D printing solutions include the success of automotive giant Nissan, with 3D printed tools, jigs, and fixtures for flexibility, speed, and most importantly customization. For an ever-evolving company, the technology could promptly adapt to cater to their specific needs. French multinational Saint Gobain, dedicated to the manufacture of glazing for multiple industrial sectors, also streamlined production processes for immense time and cost savings. At SJD Barcelona Children’s Hospital, 3D printing has proved to be a life-saving technology, now implemented in over 200 surgeries per year.
Now, the Epsilon Series has been fine-tuned and a new generation has been born into what we believe is our best printing solution to date. We’ve stayed true to our commitment to keep these printing solutions state-of-the-art and implemented technical improvements in our hardware.
A large part of our elevated efficiency can be attributed to our new and improved electronics:
- New ventilation system: Previously, the ventilation system introduced cold air inside the fans with extraction towards another grid. We found that this could potentially cause turbulence in the interior, resulting in occasional inefficiencies. To resolve this, the hot air flow is now extracted from the interior and lowers internal pressure to let the interior absorb air from the outside.
- New motor drivers: Our Trinamic TMC2130 motor has been replaced with the TMC2226. Not only are these new drivers very silent, but they also perform with greater efficiency and better engine torque. Whereas their predecessors required heatsinks to cool down, these new ones instead heat up very little.
- New main board: We’ve reverted away from commercial components and decided on custom-made components specially designed for our products. These have been concentrated into one single board, as opposed to being formed of several commercial pieces implemented in various areas of the printer. This significant reduction offers a simpler and in turn more efficient main board.
One feature highly anticipated by our customers, especially those in the corporate world, is local network access: an internal web server allows you to access it via its local IP address; send files, monitor, pause and cancel prints jobs remotely. This can also be enjoyed by owners of previous Epsilon versions after a firwmare update.
Autocalibration XYZ is another recently added feature and the fastest one on the market at that. At the push of a button, this automatic process can reduce your printing set-up time from 40 minutes to just 6 (that’s 85%!). Plus, this foolproof technology takes away your dependence on human criteria, reducing room for error and guaranteeing a correct first layer adhesion every time. This calibration process is done by measuring multiple points to automatically adjust the printing surface height and (XY) offset between both nozzles. For our printers equipped with our Independent Dual Extrusion System (IDEX), we had to take the XY alignment of the two toolheads into account. This is done through the use of a square located at the back of the printing surface. The toolheads use this small opening to touch the sides with the hotends, calculate their positioning on both the left and right axes, and subsequently calibrate the right offsets between them. This XY alignment ensures they are perfectly aligned and avoids any crossovers or shifting layers when printing in dual mode.
Our iconic black frame manufactured by Farguell has been remodelled for a sleeker look to elegantly slot into your workshop. Not just for aesthetic purposes, but the chassis is now more robust and improves rigidity which ensures the correct parallelism of the axes.
You also have the option of Epsilon material bundles to expand your printing horizons even further. The BCN3D Fiber Pack, including fiber-filled materials, adhesives, and specially designed hotends, is an all-in-one solution for equipping your parts with top mechanical properties. Or, for almost 100% stainless steel parts, the BCN3D Metal Pack is an upgrade that provides an office-friendly solution to obtain pieces with practically identical behavior to those from MIM or CNC.
Of course, there are several features that remain the same:
- Our signature IDEX technology: Double your productivity and create multi-material prints and soluble supports with mirror and duplication modes.
- Massive print volume: With the 420 x 300 x 400 mm in the Epsilon W50 and 420 x 300 x 220 mm in the W27, you have the freedom to create large parts and multiple parts at one time.
- Industry Ready Materials: Our fully enclosed passively heated chamber reaches up to 60ºC works with the heated bed up to 120ºC to ensure printing with technical materials. Print from plastics to composites and metals with the industrial-grade BCN3D Filaments, developed by renowned chemical companies BASF and Mitsubishi Chemical, and thanks to our Open Filament System, work confidently with any third-party material of your choice.
- Seamless integration with the Smart Cabinet: Our smart-drying technology slots right into your process to ensure none of your materials are affected by humidity. Plus, this comes with an Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) so that you never lose a print job.
Giving Epsilon Series this makeover has been our way of taking on board customer feedback in order to ensure ultimate dependability. Rest assured, the new improvements have taken our 3D printing solutions in the direction of an even more powerful printing process.